This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Here’s how to prepare a gluten-free and lactose-free cake. With pears and chocolate, success is guaranteed !! Especially for a birthday!
Preparing a gluten-free and lactose-free cake creates a certain concern, especially if you are a beginner with gluten-free flour dough and alternative milk drinks. Do not worry, today I want to share with you a simple and genuine recipe with two ingredients that, together, will make the taste buds of the intolerant, and not only, dance. What are they? The pears and 90% dark chocolate, so we are sure that there is no milk.
Let’s see how to prepare the gluten-free and lactose-free cake and what ingredients to buy. I modified a classic sponge cake recipe that gave me a celiac friend and I added some ingredients to make it more tasty. You also need a blender with whips or a planetary.
Ingredients (gluten-free and lactose-free cake of 6-8 servings):
150 gr sugar
100 gr fine rice flour
100 gr maizena
3 tablespoons of water
50 gr vegetable margarine
1 sachet of baking powder
4-5 small pears
90% dark chocolate drops
1. Beat the egg yolks with 3 tablespoons of boiling water, then add 100 g of sugar and margarine.
2. Whip the whites to foam, then add the sugar and continue to whip.
3. Put the snow flakes over the dough of the beaten egg yolks, mix from top to bottom with a wooden spoon and slowly sift the flour, the cornstarch and finally the yeast, pieces of pear (leave 1 aside for the decoration) and chocolate chips.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
5. Wash the pear and cut into thin slices, then place them in the bottom of a cake pan lined with parchment paper and pour over the dough.
6.Pack for about 40 minutes
Decorate with powdered sugar or whipped cream and as always, unleash your creativity. I immortalized some moments of the party before the gluten-free and lactose-free cake was demolished !!
For another gluten-free receipe check here