This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Do you know what Instagram TV is? It’s Zuck & Co’s new idea that promises to take the place of Youtube! Today I’ll explain how it works and why it’s important for us fashion bloggers to have their own TV channel on Instagram!
Hear, hear the Instagram TV is on air and it seriously threatens to replacevYoutube. We fashion bloggers must have our channel!
If you do not know what Instagram TV is and how it works, read this post and I’ll explain everything!
Easy exactly like the spirit that must characterize your channel on Instagram TV also called IGTV!
But let’s go step by step and see what IGTV is and how it works.
A couple of weeks ago, a new television icon appeared on our feed, next to that of direct messages.
I realized it only after a few days and I asked my friends of The Fashion Mob if they knew something because I had not seen ads on the web.
By clicking on the icon, you can access the IGTV feed in practice.
At this point you can create your own profile and upload the videos.
What is the difference with IG stories? Well the most substantial is that on the Instagram TV the videos have to be recorded first and then uploaded. They must have a minimum duration of 15 seconds and a maximum of 15 minutes.
When loading, you will be asked for a title and a description of the video. The visualizations, as on Youtube, are visible to everyone.
Is it also possible to put likes and comments on uploaded videos!
So how should we behave with Instagram TV?
I suggest you create a real palimpsest, as if it were a real television broadcaster. Programs in episodes to share with those who follow you.
At the moment I created two different formats:
- Blogging lessons, or how to become a fashion blogger. Some examples can be found here and here.
- How to stay fit after 40: practical tips to stay “decent” after 40 years. Here and here the first two episodes and consider that to put me in a bikini it took a lot of courage!
In short, create your own schedule and open your channel because it is likely that IGTV will replace Youtube as it gives the possibility with a single social grouping photos, posts and videos.
The only knot that for now I see difficult to solve is that the Instagram TV is not indexable on Google as it is Youtube!
Tips of the day
- If you want to see other looks with the T-shirts of the (S) Fashion Collection click here and here
- Tonight cook the pasta in radicchio cream
- Are you planning to go see the West Coast in the United States this summer? Here are the tips on your ideal itinerary.