How to become a fashion blogger? A question that is asked me often, since now we can say that I am a veteran. Here are some useful tips to enter the world of fashion blogs.
How to become a fashion blogger? The real question is how to become a successful one, because everyone, with a minimum of knowledge of the web, can open a fashion blog but not everyone can succeed.
Why only do some people get fame and collaborations?
Here’s some helpful advice on how to become a fashion blogger, told by who, like me, opened the first blog in 2007.
- You need to choose the right platform: Blogger or WordPress? My blog was born on Blogger and in 2014 it moved to WordPress. Blogger is a Google product and is often preferred in terms of indexing, I recommend it to those who start because it is very intuitive and simple to use. WordPress is definitely more challenging but offers many more features, including various templates, and most importantly a very useful SEO test tool, namely Search Engine Optimization.
- Buy your domain and get a good sever, it will help you index. I’ve chosen Godaddy which is another Google product and have a great customer service.
- Take an online SEO class. Indexing is the key to success.
- Choose the keyword and repeat it inside the title, URL, H2 header (the one you see in bold at the beginning of the post) and disseminate it inside the text.
- Write, write, write. Posts must be at least 300 words to be indexed! Too often I see post with very little text and it does not help to be found within the search engines
- All photos must have the keyword in the TAG ALT box .
- Take quality photos: invest in a good camera, you will not regret it
- Be original in your positioning: today there are millions of fashion blogs, find your unique location.
- For socials I will dedicate a separate chapter, but I’m totally opposed to buying followers, I prefer to use sponsorships on FB and IG.
A final hint about becoming successful fashion bloggers, perhaps the most important: you must have something to tell. If you have nothing to say ….. it is best to remain silent 🙂